Over 100,000 attendees registered to see 1800 companies show off their latest and greatest at this year’s NAB show. The exhibition sprawled over a million square foot of floor space and gadgets were hidden in corner of the halls.
There was a big focus on drones this year with a whole pavilion devoted to these robotic content gatherers. It will be interesting to see how many of these manufacturers survive to next year in what appears to be a very competitive new area of the industry.
Southern Broadcast spent all four days of the exhibition walking the floor and hunting out new technology to offer our clients. Some on our personal highlights from this year’s show were:
- APT Surestreamer – IP audio stream duplexer win Radio Magazine and RadioWorld ‘Best of Show’ awards.
- BW Broadcast Plan B Encore – new silence detector and source switcher wins Radio Magazine ‘Best of Show’ award.
- BW Broadcast TR300 V2 – impressive 300W AM-FM and FM-FM translator in one 2U package.
- BW Broadcast Encore Range – extended with RDS encoder, IP audio codec and other models.
- BW Broadcast TX2500 V2 – compact 3U FM transmitter shown with lid off for first time.
- Wisycom MFL – RF over fiber link system allows remote antenna diversity for unprecedented radio mic reception.
- Wheatstone FM25 – Wheatstone’s ‘Intelligent AGC’ feature filters down to this affordable FM processor.
- Wheatstone Network EDGE – IP packet manager to allow wins Radio Magazine ‘Best of Show award.
- Eventide BD600W – WheatNet enabled profanity delay.
- Wheastone IP-64 – flagship TV console now features TDM to WheatNet module and wins TV Technology ‘Best of Show’ award.
- Sonifex RB-EAC – advanced DSP echo canceler wins IABM ‘Game Changer’ award.
- Sonifex Flashlog 8 – comprehensive logging solution supports FM, AM, analog, digital, WheatNet-IP and Livewire.
- DEVA Broadcast DB3010 – FM and IP confidence receiver wins Radio and RadioWorld ‘Best of Show’ award.
Please contact us for more information or demos of the above. Check out our gallery for some photos from the show floor.